Thursday, May 22, 2008

Orientation

1) What are you looking forward to the most?
I’m definitely looking forward to the sight-seeing and the program in general. I think it will be a great experience and a chance to gain some knowledge.
2) What gives you any sense of anxiety at all about going?
I’ve heard plenty of rumors about living in Beijing: the people try to cheat you out of your money, many people try to steal you stuff, the food isn’t very sanitary…etc. But we’ll see how it is. The one thing I am nervous about is the weather. I know for a fact that it will be incredibly hot on top of it being crowded because of the Olympics.
3) Not everyone who expressed interest ended up applying to go…what was the most compelling aspect of the program that made you DECIDE you wanted to do it?
There was no single “most compelling aspect of the program”; however, the entire program sounded like a lot of fun. I’ve always wanted to go to China, and I think that learning in an international setting will be a really great experience.
4) The pre-program period in Ann Arbor is meant to get the group to get to know each other before the trip. Is this a good idea? Were the activities effective?
The Orientation is a good idea, and some of the programs were very effective and interesting. I think the time period could have been a bit shorter, since it’s somewhat inconvenient to live out of your suitcase. But in any case, I’m really excited to go, and I think I’ll have a lot of fun!

No comments: